Friday, June 14, 2013

Time to be me

I don't know how some people do it.  They seem to have everything together, the house is always spotless, children immaculate, and dinner is always homemade.  That is so NOT me in any way shape or form.  At the same time, that is not who God created me to be.  It's funny that today during lunch I was thinking of an old friend.  Somebody that was trying to change me into being another version of her and because I failed at that, so did the friendship.    And she was one of those people that always had everything together. 

God created me to be me, nobody else.  It is hard not to compare myself to other people and always come out the loser.  We are all called to keep our focus on Him, nothing else.  And when that is done, we can better see ourselves the way the God sees us.  It's a challenge though not to notice what is going on around us, to remind ourselves of those famous last words Jesus said to Peter "You Follow Me".  When we do start looking at others, it's due to feelings of inadequacy.  Inadequacy is not of God.  I've put up reminders around the apartment and yet it doesn't seem like enough.  It's a constant battle. 

When I was a child, I was the one that my father expected to be perfect, no errors, no mistakes.  It's a crazy notion, especially considering that my father had always wanted for me to be a boy.  It's an old struggle.  But I have Christ and with Christ, the battle is already won (note past tense).

Anyways, it's getting late and tomorrow is another day.  So, I will put the Little Caesar's Pizza box in the kitchen and not worry about the dishes that need to be washed.  My home isn't a health issue except for possibly the kid's room  -JK.

God Bless
God's Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment