Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Planting Trees in the Deli

Sounds crazy but that is what I am now doing.  It's a leap of faith as far as finances go but I am excited about it.  It's important to bring God glory in everything that we do.  Now where do the trees come in?  This is the fun part.

A lot of people that want to do big things for God tend to forget how things do start with the small things and being obedient in those small things.  We are watching for our forest without planting the trees needed to make the forest.  A forest is a lot of trees and trees start as seeds put in the ground.  David slew Goliath because he obeyed Jesse in delivering cheese and bread to his brothers that were in Saul's army.  David wasn't even in the service, he was still a shepherd for his dad.  Read through the new testament and really take to heart the pain and hardships that the greats had to go through.  A lot of those great things that took place were because they were obedient in the small things.

So I am focusing on the small miracles, being excited and happy to be at work, to have integrity and honesty in the workplace, to make my customers glad that they came in and had me serve them.  My pastor told us about a man that attempted suicide by jumping off of the Golden Gate Bridge and the whole time traveling there (using public transportation) he told himself that if anybody notices him, smiles, just acknowledges him that he wouldn't go through with it.  Nobody did and the man jumped.  He survived but that story haunts me.  Any one of my customers could be just like that man.  For a lot of people, we are the only bible that they will read, I want for them to read of God's Love through me.  The best way to do that is to love them as well. 

On another note, my baby girl is going to be starting high school soon.  Not sure if I'm ready for it.  So far though, my biggest issue with her is cleaning up after herself and cleaning her room.  Considering what we could be going though, I am very grateful.

God Bless and remember to be a snakebird

God's Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment