Tuesday, June 11, 2013

This is me...

Yes, this is a blog that is being written by a Christian that doesn't have her act together.  There are still areas in my life that I struggle with, past choices that were made when I wasn't following God and the consequences of those choices.  This is what I hope will be more like a daily journal showing that my salvation isn't by anything that I have done or said but by the grace of God.  The only thing that I have done is accept the forgiveness granted to me, the forgiveness that I am in constant need of.

A little background.  I am a single mother of five children, 4 sons and one daughter.  We joke that it took that long to get a girl due to the fact that she is the youngest.  Currently she is a teenager getting ready to start her freshman year of high school this fall.  It's just her and I, the boys come and visit and stay for a time but only my daughter actually lives with me.  I work full time and we manage to make things work.  It's not easy but nothing that God calls for us to do will be easy.  Only 2 of my children have given their lives to Christ, my oldest and youngest.  God never intended  for child rearing to be a one person job.  It takes two to make a child because it takes two to raise a child. 

As far as the last week goes, God has lead me to finally have peace about a situation that has been haunting me for well over a year.  Something that I have learned is that even when someone appears to be such an amazing Christian, don't be surprised at their sins.  It can get very difficult, especially when you are a casualty of their actions. 

It is time to spend some more time with the two youngest, we are to be watching a movie together.  One that I have never seen before which rally surprises them -Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End.

God Bless and be the Snakebird that God has called you to be.

God's Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment