Wednesday, June 12, 2013

missed the storm

more than once in fact and one of them was quite literal.  It was a beautiful day when I left for work, even left the window down for about an inch.  Then a half hour before the end of my shift a heavy storm came blowing through.  I didn't get to see it but it was so strong that everyone at work could hear it in the building.  FYI, where I work used to be a mall.  The wind was blowing, thunder rolling, and a downpour as well.  When I went out to my car my back seat was wet but not the drivers seat, even though it was my window that was cracked.  That wind must have been very strong to blow the rain into my back seat and not the drivers seat.

Then I get home and have my son tell me that my daughter has left to go camping with a friend (without asking my permission) and the only note that she left was that she will finish cleaning her room this week.  NOT the thing to come home to.  First thing that I started to do was pray.  Granted it started with please don't let me kill her when she gets home.  I knew who she was with but around here, if you are camping I can guarantee that you won't have cellphone service (unless your idea of camping is a four star hotel instead of a five star).   Even that storm got avoided though when she walked in a couple of hours later and told me that they went to the lake for some swimming.  The lake that they went to doesn't even have a camp site.  Of course, Michael forgot the name of the lake until after she was home.  Important thing, she is home safe and sound.  It's tough raising teenagers.  I think that one of my biggest struggles is in being a good mother and doing right by these kids.

Just finished reading a really good book called Dear Paul, Am I On The Right Track.  It's basically letters between a new Christian named Madeline who had to move to LA and a retired pastor named Paul that is in Boston.  Through these letters Madeline is encountering different forms of "Christianity" and is searching to make sure that she is on the right track.  They refer to the book of Colossians many times and it's almost funny thinking of the people that she is referencing and those that they remind me of.  At the same time, I also worry that I don't want to become one of those claiming to follow Christ yet make it difficult for others to follow.  Then again, one of my big fears is to have spiritual blood on my hands (otherwise known as I don't want anyone choosing to go to Hell because of my actions or words as a Christian).

Time for bed.  One more day of work then I get Thursday off.  Looks like I will be spending it cleaning.

God Bless
God's Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment