Friday, January 17, 2014

Those with a bible falling apart...(or a tribute to my bible)

are said to have a life that isn't falling apart.  That's how the saying goes.  But when it comes time when you know that have to replace it, that's when it gets tough. 

Now don't get me wrong, I do own more than one bible. I have a KJV, NKJV, Messianic Jewish, and a few others but only one hard core study bible that I use all the time.  Only one that has notes written in the margins, passages underlined, even a few tear stains when something really hit too close to home.  It's a part of me.  In this bible is my history, a spiritual growth chart. 

This particular bible has been with me for over 7 years.  It was 7 years ago I left my ungodly lifestyle and decided to live for Him and not for me.  It was also 7 years ago that a young couple and their friends moved to Montana with a vision to start a church.  A church that I have been blessed to be a part of since 2009.  For those seven years I have been using this same primary bible repeatedly.  Most baby books also go up to the first seven years of a child's life, perhaps I have outgrown my eternal baby book.  Both of those events took place in January and here in January my bible has fallen apart, seven years later.  Completion.

So it is now the time for the very uncomfortable task of finding it's replacement.  It won't be easy finding the right fit for the next seven years.  This is something that will require prayer to be guided to my next growth chart, for the new beginning.  Every beginning is also an ending of the old, a time of mourning.  To some it may sound extreme but every time I open this bible and read not only God's word but to see through my own notations how He has been with me through every hardship and trial, through every blessing and every lesson learned I will miss.  It is time to retire the old and put it in a place of honor.  It is my altar of stones in the Jordan.

New believer counselors refer to the bible as a Love Letter from God.  I pray that not only in my old primary but in the new primary that I will be getting sooner then I would like that I can also make it my Love Letter to God as well.  And not just my bible but in my prayer life and by the way that I live life-all of it.

My prayer for you is that you also become attached to your bible, that when it comes time for replacement that a part of you dreads it.  That it is a testimony of how God has grown you in Him. Write in it, mark it up, let tears stain some of the pages.  God exposes His heart to us, lets expose ours to Him as well.  And may you have to replace it sooner then you would like.  It is said that those with a bible falling apart have a life that isn't.  Read it and let it burn into your very being.  That's my prayer for you.

God Bless and remember to be a Snakebird.
God's Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment