Monday, January 13, 2014

No piggybacks into Heaven

As a kid, sometimes we would get piggyback rides from one of my cousins (actually my mom's cousins) or uncle and where ever they would go I would get to go too.   Didn't even have to work, just hold on and hope that I don't get dropped.  However I have discovered one place that nobody can piggyback into and that is Heaven.

Salvation is available to everyone but each person has to choose for themselves whether or not they want to accept it.  There are many that assume that they have instant access to Heaven due to the works or actions of others.  I had actually dated a guy that once told me that he knows he is going to Heaven because his mom had him baptized as a baby.  He doesn't have to do anything, his mother did it for him.  Some people say that because their parents believe or they were raised in church that makes them saved.   It ancient culture, many Jews believed that they had an automatic pass because they were the children of Abraham.  Even after John the Baptist told them "And do not think you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.'  I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham" many still held to that belief.

Accepting the gifts of salvation and forgiveness is an individual thing that only you can do, nobody else can do it for you.  As a mother, I do wish that I could reserve seating for my nonbelieving children.  At the same time, they have to make that decision on their own.  God won't force anybody to love Him.  It's a simple concept but one that many miss.  It's another way that Satan screws with peoples minds, give a false sense of security.

It's interesting how many people I've heard say that they have been saved their whole life.  The day you give your life to Christ should be a day that you remember, for me it was in January of 1980.  Even when I was attempting to run from God He had me on a rubberband and I sprang back to Him in October of 2005.  It's extra birthdays. 

Just something to think about.  Do you remember making a decision of opening the door of your heart to Jesus or do you just assume that He is already there?  Nobody else can do this for you, it's a one person ticket.  Can't pick up extra for those that you love.  However, you can pray for those that aren't saved that you love, continuously pray for them.  I do.

God Bless and Remember to always be a Snakebird.
God's Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment